An appetite to disrupt
- Tharsus originally partnered with Ocado to support with the design of the warehouse robots which would run on the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP).
- Our OEDM business model- a unique collaborative manufacturing and iterative design and prototyping service saw us work with Ocado from this design phase through to scale manufacture. We continue to manufacture Ocado OSP ‘bots to date.
- OSP has enabled Ocado to not only disrupt the UK grocery market through faster online deliveries, but also, through sale of this smart robotic platform to other retailers across the globe, effectively transition from a grocery to a multi- billion pound technology business in its own right.
A partner for innovation
RMS sought a partner to take their game changing design to a physical reality fit for live demonstration.
The Tharsus team, with aligned culture and sharp focus on outcome shared with RMS, delivered the people, skills, experience and tech needed to tackle this crucial early stage work, and achieve success.
- Complex, high risk early stage development carried out quickly and to a high standard.
- SRC sought a partner to commercialise its game-changing robot
- The Tharsus team acted as an extension of SRC – sharing their strong vision and delivering the tech, reliability and quality needed to achieve SRC’s commercial goals
- We used our capability to tackle complex problems and overcome tough challenges to deliver market disrupting commercial success
- Complex robotics delivered fast and to a high standard
Talk about a revolution
- In 2009 the UK was on the brink of revolution
- It was called Broadband - problem was rollout simply couldn't meet demand
- BT asked us if we could help
- Our solution for them was two fold.
- Rapid Action Cable Support System
- Office Process Function
The new force in parts cleaning
- Safetykleen identified a gap in the market for an industrial parts cleaning service
- Existing technology was too complex, too unreliable and too expensive
- Our Value Added Manufacturing delivered Jetkleen - a machine with the tech, reliability and quality it need to achieve Safetykleen's commercial goals
- Jetkleen delivered fast and absolute market domination
More than a post-it note maker
- 3M saw an opportunity to use their own tracking tech to disrupt a new market sector
- They approached us with their prototype
- With them we improved the technology integration and functionality of the end product
- We also applied our OEDM expertise to shape the design around more efficient manufacture
Innovation in a crisis
- Tharsus gained early understanding of the scale of the Covid threat to the UK economy.
- Devised Bump- a powerful data driven social distancing system to address it.
- Design to working reality in 12 weeks.
- Bump actively kept UK business running throughout Covid helping to protect the economy
- Data learnings from Bump are enabling Tharsus Digital Technology team to design automated solutions which are truly intelligent.
- Bump brings into focus the true power of Tharsus.