- Published: 17 - 02 - 21
Last week, we held our annual Chairman’s Awards ceremony for Tharsus and Universal Wolf colleagues. Here, we celebrate and recognise those who have been nominated by fellow colleagues as shining examples of our Group’s Vision, Mission and Values and being a real inspiration to others. Here are our winners and their stories.
- Vision: Anth Thornton won this award for taking initiative to introduce a new system that would recover rejected stock, saving the business time and money. He said “It just goes to show if you’ve got a good idea, Tharsus are more than willing to support you. It feels fantastic to have been recognised.”
- Mission: Chris Roper travelled two days in a row to a supplier 4 hours away to bring back sample parts for NHS Nightingale beds.
- Better (Aim Higher): Corran Hicks pushed for a more skilled job role internally, despite not having required experience. At winning the award, he said “I’m proof your current job role isn’t set in stone. There’s always opportunity to be better."
- Smarter (Think Wider): Paul Duffy took it upon himself to work past his shift ending to pick up some parts from home to fix a broken part on site, helping his co-workers who were working on shift. “It’s great to be recognised for my efforts.”
- Pack (Work Together): Bev Turnbull won this award for going above and beyond in her role to sort systems to protect the financial and reputational aspect of the business.
Our Chairman's Award is awarded on the recommendation of the Group’s senior team, then endorsed by our Chairman, to a single colleague as special recognition for someone who has a real strategic impact on the business and displays our Values in everything they do. This year’s popular and deserving winner is Stu Hindmarsh, Tharsus' Area Manufacturing Manager.
The ceremony was also an opportunity to offer congratulations and recognition to two of our apprentices, Hamish and Sophie who were announced Make UK Award winners in January.
Thanks our colleagues living by our vision, mission and values, we are able to maintain our Group's reputation as being a fantastic place to work and our continued growth.